Ansan 1 - 0 Gangwon
Ansan score in injury time to see off play-off chasing Gangwon

Mike Brandon @ Wa Stadium 19th September 2015

Ha Jeongheon scored his first Ansan goal in injury time to snatch all three points for Ansan and end in a hideous run of form.

With Ansan just four points off the foot of the table and without a win in 6 games, Gangwon may have been expected to continue their play-off tilt and close the gap on Seoul E-land. Ansan however dominated the opening half with a methodical possesion based approach that saw some excellent exchanges of play with Shin Gwanghoon and Song Changho impressing on the flanks, and Han Deokhee marauding through the middle.

Gangwon seemed happy to absorb the pressure though and kept any real chances to a minimum. Some excellent backline marshalling by Shin Hyeongmin snuffed out several Gangwon counterattacks, with Shin having several scuffles with Choi Seungin who found himself sprawled on the floor on more than one occasion. Ansan's physical appraoch to the game was epitomised when Kim Byeonseok smashed the dangerous looking Baek Jonghwan leaving the winger thrashing around on the floor, while Han Deokhee found himself in the book for a crunching challenge on the halfway line.

The half ended precisely on the 45th minute mark as the referee blew without a second of injury time. A bizarre decision, and not the first time this has been seen in the K League Challenge this season. The second off also got off to a bizarre start as the kick-off was called to be retaken due to player encroachment on Gangwon's part. The kick-off music starting, stopping, starting and stopping again.

Gangwon asserted themselves immediately in the second half, with Baek Jonghwan rampaging down the right side and firing in a cross. The resultant clearance landed at the feet of a Gangwon player in the 18 yard box who had plenty of space but managed to shoot against the upright.

With Gangwon now dominating, Ansan reverted to a far less adventurous approach with Park Heedo continously isolated upfront. The home crowd was further ired when Han Deokhee ran clear on a counterattack, but not a single Ansan player joined him in support. Ansan did manage one decent sortie in during the opening period when a fizzing ball across the box came invitingly to the feet of Kim Byeongseok. He comepltely mistimed his strike however and where any connection would have done, he could only find thin air and the ball went out of play.

Gangwon thought they had found the breakthrough on the hour mark when Ansan's deep line allowed Gangwon further and further into the box. A wicked shot at the near post was excellently palmed out by Lee Jinhyeong in the Ansan goal.

After a half of almost complete Gangwon dominance, Ansan suddenly sprung into life and with ten minutes left on the clock, won a free kick on the edge of the Gangwon area. Song Changho smashed a ball that looked goal bound before coming back of the stancheon. Ansan would hit the post just a few minutes later when Gangwon keeper Lee Sangee missed the ball and in the resultant scramble, but Park Heedo's weak jab at the ball saw it bounce back off the post.

On the 90 minute mark, Gangwon win a free kick but the resultant counter-attack sees Ha Jeongheon through with the Gangwon players scurrying to intercept. His finish was cool as he slots it past a static Gangwon keeper, and celebrating his first Ansan goal, also becoming the 15th player to score for the team this season.


MOTM 4. Shin Hyeongmin

Faultless at the back, keeping his line positive and in order in the first half, and helping them weather the Gangwon storm in the second period. Recieved a booking for a 'smart' foul in injury time.

Posted: 19th September 2015